Committee Chairs & Functional Leads
Outing Leaders & Event Organizers
Click on the links above to meet the AMC members involved in each area.
- The Arizona Mountaineering Club was established in 1964 to provide a forum for promoting and teaching safe rock climbing and mountaineering. The AMC operates as a tax-exempt 501(c)(7) entity, or ‘social club’, and donations to the AMC are not tax deductible.
- Under its bylaws, the AMC is governed by a board comprised of four officers and four-to-five directors. Annual elections are held in January to fill the officer positions of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer as well as any open Director positions.
- The AMC has a number of important committees and other functions supported by one or more club members. Committee chairpersons are appointed by the club’s board.
- All positions throughout the club are staffed on a voluntary basis without compensation.
- Schools, Outings and other events are made possible by members supporting these efforts by volunteering their time, talents and experience.